Powered by China Products(Top Trade Directory of China Products and Manufacturers) and China Manufacturers(Top China Manufacturers Directory) 网络营销, 网站推广
Formoy Finance&Money Information Service. takes pride in providing honest unemployment insurances, employment insurances counseling and unemployment insurance, employment insurance services to you at the best value for your dollar. Our features is a huge selection of employment insurances company, unemployment insurances quote, counseling, solution, problem and more.
>> Service Show

Employment Insurance (EI) provides temporary financial assistance for unemployed Canadians while they look for work or upgrade their skills. Canadians who are sick, pregnant or caring for a newborn or adopted child, as well as those who must care for a family member who is seriously ill with a significant risk of death, may also be assisted by Employment Insurance. Who is eligible? Regular benefits can be paid if you lose your job through no fault of your own, for example, due to shortage of work, seasonal or mass lay-offs and you are available for and able to work but you can’t find a job.

To be eligible for regular benefits you must show that:
you have been without work and without pay for at least 7 consecutive days; and
in the last 52 weeks or since your last claim, this period is called the qualifying period, you have worked for the required number of insurable hours.

The hours are based on where you live and the unemployment rate in your economic region at the time of filing your claim for benefits.

Qualifying period
The qualifying period is the shorter of :
the 52-week period immediately before the start date of a claim, or
the period since the start of a previous EI claim if that claim had started during the 52 week-period.

Only the insurable hours that fall within the qualifying period are used to start a benefit period. However, the qualifying period may be extended up to 104 weeks if you were not employed in insurable employment and not receiving EI because you were:
incapable of work by reason of illness, injury, quarantine or pregnancy; or
confined in a jail, penitentiary or other similar institution; or
attending a course of instruction or other related employment activity to which you were referred to by an Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) designated authority; or
not working because you were receiving a payment under a provincial law on the basis of having ceased work because continuing to work would have entailed danger to you, your unborn child or a child you were breast feeding. If one of these reasons applies to you, it is your responsibility to request the extension of your qualifying period and to provide all supporting documents.

How, where and when to apply
To receive regular benefits you must submit an EI application on-line or in person at your Service Canada Centre, even if you receive or will receive money when you become unemployed.

You must request your Record of Employment (ROE) from your last employer. If you have your ROE from your last employer, apply immediately. If you did not receive your last ROE within 14 days of your last day of work, submit your application as soon as the 14 days are over, along with proof of employment, for example, pay stubs. If one or more ROE covering periods prior to your last employment are missing, you must still submit your claim for benefits.

If getting your ROE is a problem, your Service Canada Centre can help you. You will have to fill out a form "Request for Record of Employment" explaining what efforts you have made to obtain it. You will have to provide proof of your employment - such as: pay stubs, cancelled pay cheques, T4 slip, work schedules. If possible, we will use the proof to calculate your claim.

German Spanish French Italian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Russian
2000-2015 CopyRight © Formoy Finance&Money Information Service. All Rights Reserved.